This workout thing is serious. Staying motivated is key. Whether its your outfit or favorite music in your ipod, the shoes can be the focal item on determining how your workout will elev8 you. Instead of asking your friend or an innocent bystander at your local fitness store what athletic shoe is best, here’s five tips that AOL Health suggests can help you decide that important purchase.
1. Shop in the afternoon. If you try on athletic shoes toward the end of the day, when your feet are more swollen, you’ll get a better idea of how they fit.
2. Shop in socks. When you look for athletic shoes, wear the socks that you use during a workout. You want to make sure the shoes fit properly with your athletic socks.
3. Go large in the toes. Make sure that your shoes have about half an inch of wiggle room between the end of the shoe and your longest toe. If your feet are different sizes, opt for the larger shoes for better comfort.
4. Snug fit in the heel. New athletic shoes shouldn’t slip on your heels, but they shouldn’t be too snug in the toes, either. Make sure that the ball of your foot fits easily in the widest part of the athletic shoe.
5. Try them out. Test out the shoes for at least 10 minutes in the store, or even outside if the store will allow it, before you decide to buy.
follow me on twitter: Elev8_Kelly