The Soul Man revolves around R&B superstar-turned-minister Reverend Boyce “The Voice” Ballentine (played by Cedric) who was living the high life in Las Vegas at the top of the music charts when he gets the calling to go from soul singer to soul saver. Relocating to St. Louis with his wife, Lolli (Nash) and his daughter, Lyric (Jazz Raycole) to take over the preaching duties in his father’s church – his family is not exactly eager to give up the fabulous superstar life for a humble one. The Reverend Boyce character originally appeared in a season two episode of “Hot in Cleveland” and a spinoff was developed by Cedric and “Hot in Cleveland” creator Suzanne Martin. The comedy also stars John Beasley as Boyce’s father, Barton; Wesley Jonathan as his brother, Stamps; and Raycole as his daughter.
- 5 Surprisingly Healthy Things That Are Making You Tired
- Don't Let Your Friends Keep You In Debt
- 21 Couples On Reality TV Who Are Legally Married
- IMAN's New CC Creme Is The Perfect Concealer For Dark Circles
- Not So Sweet: 6 Things To Know About Sugar Substitutes
- The Surprising Health Risk For New Moms