President Obama & The First Family Light National Tree [VIDEO]

    Comments:  | Leave A Comment

    In 1923, President Calvin Coolidge walked from the White House to the Ellipse to light a 48-foot fir tree decorated with 2,500 electric bulbs in red, white and green, as a local choir and a “quartet” from the U.S. Marine Band performed. 90 years later, this American holiday tradition continues to bring citizens together to share in a message of hope and peace.

    From 1924 to 1933 the tree, renamed the National Community Christmas Tree, was located in Sherman Park, which is south of the Main Treasury Building and southeast of the White House grounds. While the location of the tree in President’s Park and its lighting ceremony program have changed and evolved over the years, the purpose remains the same:local and national communities coming together to celebrate the season and to share the message of peace.
    Make sure to read:Why Do We Sing Christmas Songs?

    Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!

    Tags:

    Comments

    blog comments powered by Disqus