Show #1 –Blue Bloods (ABC)
Premieres: Friday, Sept. 26 at 10/9c
- Why You Should Watch: I have alway loved this show! It’s a solidly good faithful family and one of few that actually show a family praying together on screen. The episodes tell strongly defined stories with real visible moral cover
- Where We Left Off: Danny went rogue investigating the death of a woman who jumped off a balcony after two DAs sanitized the scene before he got there. With Erin’s help, they discovered some corrupt dealings in the upper reaches of the NYPD and DA’s office. Inspector General Peterson stepped down, telling Frank that their relationship had compromised her ability to remain objective.
- What’s Next: Baez is here to stay! Marisa Ramirez will be upped to series regular next season, and will be in the line of fire on the season premiere when Baez and Danny work with the DEA on a drug bust. But by the second episode, they’ll be forced to partner-swap with another team when the other duo’s partnership is strained after one of the men is outed as gay. There is also a new DA in town, with whom Frank clashes after Dutton refuses to let him question an officer in custody.
Take a look at the special preview!
Show # 2 – Hawaii Five-0 (CBS)
Premieres: Friday, Sept. 26 at 9/8c
- Why You Should Watch: It boasts one of the most diverse casts on television. The storylines are quick smart views into traditional life on Hawaii.
- Where We Left Off: Catherine said farewell and Grover became a full-fledged member of the Five-0 squad. Wo Fat broke out of prison and needs to discuss something with McGarrett — but it’s unclear what that is.
- What’s Next: Though there’s no time jump in between the Season 4 finale and the Season 5 premiere, the season opener finds the island of Oahu mysteriously abandoned. “It’s like a ghost town,” showrunner Peter Lenkov tells TVGuide.com. As the season progresses, the biggest shift will be the addition of Grover to the team. While he and McGarrett certainly have had their differences in the past, the two “definitely see more eye to eye” after the events in the Season 4 finale, Lenkov says. Also coming on board is Amanda Setton as a new eager-to-please protégé of Max’s. The loss of Catherine still weighs heavily on McGarrett’s mind, however, even as he meets a woman who has ties to his father and forges a connection with her. As far as the unanswered questions surrounding Wo Fat, those will be resolved by Episode 7, the show’s 100th episode.
Take a A look At the upcoming season:
Show #3- Scandal (ABC)
Premieres: Thursday, Sept. 25 at 9/8c
- Why You Should Watch: Simply put it is a show about mental survival. The show has capitalized on how you fix something or someone. This season every character is broken. What do you do when the brokeness is the result of someone close to you will be explored.
- Where We Left Off: Olivia Pope inadvertently fulfilled her father Rowan’s wishes by boarding a plane with Jake, leaving behind Washington, D.C. and Fitz. Little did she know, daddy dearest murdered Fitz and Mellie’s son in a bid to become Command of B613 again and ensure that POTUS would stay in office. The only one who figured it out? Harrison, who had a gun pointed at his head in the final moments of the episode.
- What’s Next: Bad news: Harrison is dead! And OPA — or what’s left of it — will not handle that news very well. But, regardless of how Olivia comes back into the fold, it will actually be the year of Abby, as we’ll finally get to discover more of her backstory. Plus: Portia de Rossi has a mysterious guest arc!
Take a look at the teaser:
Show #4 Elementary (CBS)
Premiere Thur., Oct. 30 10/9c
- Why You Should Watch: The show is cerebral candy. It makes you think and pay attention to every scene.
- Where We Left Off: After clearing Mycroft’s name — he was framed for treason and murder — Sherlock and Joan were faced with a new challenge after the latter wished to move out of the brownstone. Instead, Sherlock decided to take a job with MI6.
- What’s Next: After nearly a year away in London, Sherlock will return with a new protégé in Kitty Winter (Ophelia Lovibond). Meanwhile, Joan has continued working with the NYPD, falling in the crosshairs with suspected cartel leader Elana March (Gina Gershon). On the plus side, Joan will get a new love interest in Smash‘s Raza Jaffrey.
Make sure you read: 8 Must See New Fall Shows Of 2014
Bishop Carlton Pearson Addresses Rumors: 'I Am Not Gay' [Open Letter]
Aaron Lindsey Debuts New Song “Take Care” [EXCLUSIVE]
Everything You Need To Know About Loni Love’s New Book, ‘I Tried To Change So You Won’t Have To’ [EXCLUSIVE]
Lecrae Clears Up His Reaction To Pastor Calling Slavery A “White Blessing” [EXCLUSIVE]
How To Be An Instrument Of Praise [VIDEO]
HUMOR: 20 Questions For Church Folks
9 Radio Hosts That Offer Daily Inspiration
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe