Pastor Haizlip confronts the ghosts of his past when he visits his estranged mother in Alabama. The Haddons are shocked by the Gibson’s refusal to be Denver’s godparents. Christy is taken aback when Jay decides to buy his mother a house.
Jay had to face the demons of forgiveness. We’ve all heard stories of estranged families who reunite years later, forgive the past and go on to have healthy and fulfilling relationships for the rest of their lives. Parents or spouses may not change, but future family dynamics still can. You can do your part to forge a new, different and better relationship with your family member. To break the cycle of your childhood experience, let go of whatever neglect and inattention suffered, and begin a new era in your family’s history. Forging a new family dynamic can be one of the most rewarding experiences in life. It’s not easy, but the end result is worth it.
Parent issues can influence our self-esteem,relationships, and general happiness. This is not surprising. Parents are our primary caregivers; they are the first people we tried to please. If we perceive that we can’t get their approval, we may feel that we are incapable of gaining anyone’s high regard.
Our parents are also the people whom we expect to love us unconditionally, and thus make us feel that we are worthy of being loved. If they had been neglectful and/ or abusive, we can get scarred for life. Unless we can internalize the certainty of our parent’s love, we would always be seeking for it, and thus may never get satisfied in any relationship.
Take a look back at Season 2
- Preachers Of L.A. Season 2 Episode 10 ‘Bounceback’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A. Season 2 Episode 9 ‘Meet the Godparents’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A. Season 2 Episode 8 ‘My Brother’s Keeper’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A. Season 2 Episode 7 ‘Restoration’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A. Season 2 Episode 6 ‘Sins of the Father’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A. Episode 5 ‘Prodigal Son’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A. Episode 4 ‘Honor Thy Father and Mother’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A Season 2 Episode 3 ‘Fallen Angels’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A Season 2 Episode 2: ‘Truth Be Told’ Recap And Lesson
- Preachers Of L.A Season 2 Episode 1 ‘Judge Not’ Recap And Lesson
Bishop Carlton Pearson Addresses Rumors: 'I Am Not Gay' [Open Letter]
Aaron Lindsey Debuts New Song “Take Care” [EXCLUSIVE]
Lecrae Clears Up His Reaction To Pastor Calling Slavery A “White Blessing” [EXCLUSIVE]
Everything You Need To Know About Loni Love’s New Book, ‘I Tried To Change So You Won’t Have To’ [EXCLUSIVE]
HUMOR: 20 Questions For Church Folks
How To Be An Instrument Of Praise [VIDEO]
9 Radio Hosts That Offer Daily Inspiration
Latonya Brumfield Story Of Survival Will Truly Inspire You [Exclusive Interview]