In mainstream society, the lives of iconic figures are frequently given the Broadway Musical treatment. But such is uncommon in the gospel community.
But BeBe and CeCe Winans have pushed things to the next level with the announcement of a gospel musical about their now defunct duo.
Born for This: The BeBe Winans Story is coming to the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta, GA Jan. 20-Feb. 14, 2016.
Charles Randolph-Wright, director of Motown the Musical, will direct the Broadway production chronicling the early days of the multiple GRAMMY® award winning brother and sister’s career.
The production, which is being called “a heart-warming and hilarious journey towards self-discovery,” is billed this way:
Detroit natives BeBe and CeCe Winans, youngest siblings of the Winans family dynasty, experience the ultimate in culture shocks when invited to join Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker’s Praise The Lord Network television show. The teenaged Winans become not only television celebrities, but also the “adopted children” of the Bakkers, integrating TV evangelism in Pineville, North Carolina.
As BeBe and CeCe encounter fame, fortune, and even a young Whitney Houston, BeBe must learn to balance his desire for success with his true calling.
As a duo, BeBe and CeCe Winans’ accolades include three Grammy Awards, nine Dove Awards, two NAACP Image awards, two Soul Train Music Awards, numerousStellar Awards, three Gold albums, and one Platinum album.
- 1991: Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album – Different Lifestyles
- 2010: Best Gospel Performance – “Grace”
- 2010: Best Contemporary R&B Gospel Album – Still
GMA Dove Awards
- 1988: New Artist of the Year
- 1990: Group of the Year
- 1990: Pop/Contemporary Album – Heaven
- 1990: Pop/Contemporary Song – “Heaven”
- 1990: Contemporary Gospel Song – “With My Whole Heart”
- 1992: Group of the Year
- 1992: Contemporary Gospel Song – “Addictive Love”
- 1998: Contemporary Gospel Song – “Up Where We Belong”
- 2010: Urban Recorded Song – “Close To You”
NAACP Image awards
- 1990: Best Gospel Artist
- 1992: Best Gospel Artist
Soul Train Music Awards
- 1990: Best Gospel Album – Heaven
- 1992: Best Gospel Album – Different Lifestyles
The Walk of Fame Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has announced that BeBe & CeCe Winans names will be added to the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2011.
Click here for more.
Make sure to read:
- Kansas Becomes First State In The Nation To Ban Common Form Of Abortion
- Deitrick Haddon Gives Details On New LabeL And His Future Plans! [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- 21:03 “PRIORITY ” [NEW MUSIC VIDEO]
Bishop Carlton Pearson Addresses Rumors: 'I Am Not Gay' [Open Letter]
Aaron Lindsey Debuts New Song “Take Care” [EXCLUSIVE]
How To Be An Instrument Of Praise [VIDEO]
Everything You Need To Know About Loni Love’s New Book, ‘I Tried To Change So You Won’t Have To’ [EXCLUSIVE]
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe
Charles Jenkins Offers Prayer For Healing In Our Country [VIDEO]
Lecrae Clears Up His Reaction To Pastor Calling Slavery A “White Blessing” [EXCLUSIVE]
HUMOR: 20 Questions For Church Folks