“If you eat well, you must speak well” – Yoruba Proverb
“The ancient Africans taught that if a person is good to you, you must forever speak good of them. They believed the good always outlives the not so good” – – – ” If we eat from the plate we must give thanks. Remembering, without that food, at that time, we may have starved.” Iyanla Vanzant
Here are a few more ideas to help you focus on what’s right.
- Look out the window right now and write down five things that make you feel good.
- Keep a calendar filled with all the fun things you’ve done or plan to do this month.
- Put together your favorite songs, albums or artists. Keep them in your car, on your MP3 player or even on your phone for a quick boost.
- Write down 3 people who make you feel good and give one of them a call today.
- List the benefits of your job; money to spend, learning new skills, a fun coworker, or even just that it gets you out of the house.
- Notice how good it feels to wear your comfy “at home” clothes.
- When you pay your next bill, think about how many people don’t have access to computers, the Internet or even a simple phone to call loved ones. Don’t take your luxuries for granted.
- Count how many times in a week people smile at you or do something nice for you. You may be surprised at the results.
- Pick the one relationship in your life where you feel really accepted and appreciated for who you are. It could be your spouse, your mom or dad, your brother or sister, a coworker or your best friend. Give thanks for the people that love you.
- If work sucks, be thankful for your home. If home sucks, be glad you can escape to work. If you owe a lot, enjoy the things you own. If you don’t have much, be grateful to be clutter-free. There’s a bright side to everything if you look for it.
Bishop Carlton Pearson Addresses Rumors: 'I Am Not Gay' [Open Letter]
Aaron Lindsey Debuts New Song “Take Care” [EXCLUSIVE]
Lecrae Clears Up His Reaction To Pastor Calling Slavery A “White Blessing” [EXCLUSIVE]
Everything You Need To Know About Loni Love’s New Book, ‘I Tried To Change So You Won’t Have To’ [EXCLUSIVE]
HUMOR: 20 Questions For Church Folks
How To Be An Instrument Of Praise [VIDEO]
9 Radio Hosts That Offer Daily Inspiration
Latonya Brumfield Story Of Survival Will Truly Inspire You [Exclusive Interview]